Lawrence Township has adopted Ordinance No. 2011-05 to promote the following within Floodplains:
- Promote the general health, welfare, and safety of the community.
- Encourage the utilization of appropriate construction practices in order to prevent or minimize flood damage in the future.
- Minimize danger to public health by protecting water supply and natural drainage.
- Reduce financial burdens imposed on the community, its governmental units, and its residents, by preventing excessive development in areas subject to flooding.
- Comply with federal and state floodplain management requirements.
Not sure if you're in a floodplain? Click one of these links and enter your address to see:
FEMA's National Flood Hazard Layer (NFHL) Viewer (arcgis.com)
FEMA Flood Map Service Center | Welcome!
Lawrence Township Floodplain Substantial Improvement/Damage Application
Other helpful resources regarding Floodplain Management
National Flood Insurance Technical Bulletins | FEMA.gov